LIVE SAFE ACADEMY PROGRAMS
Self Defense Clinic with an Emphasis on Awareness and Attitude: Learn how to avoid and get away from potentially dangerous situations. Focus on proven techniques that are easy to learn and apply. Hands on training. Date to be determined.
Safe Cooking Workshops: Come join the fun with one of Columbus’ trendiest new restaurants – learn to cook and stay safe in the kitchen.
“ICE for Burns” Holiday Event with the Columbus Blue Jackets: Burn Survivors will celebrate the blessings of the holiday at Nationwide Arena. Together we will cheer on the Blue Jackets during a season NHL game and meet the players afterward in the locker room, finishing off the night with the opportunity to skate on the “Big” ice.
“Extinguish the Need” in Central Ohio: Help immediate needs for families affected by fires. Live Safe partners with Dublin’s Welcome Warehouse and MAP in providing families an immediate source for clothing and furniture.
Adopt a Family: Contact Live Safe to adopt a family affected by fire.
Safe Steps Leadership Program:
This is a consulting and Leadership program offering workshops and business consulting.
“Courage to Save Lives” Annual Ceremony and Celebration Event:
Join Live Safe, along with local and state officials and other non-profit organizations, honoring heroes of ordinary people who have performed amazing feats of bravery and courage to save the lives of other people or family. Proceeds support the Live Safe Foundation.
MARK YOUR CALENDARS!
Local Events in Columbus, Ohio
Date: Saturday, December 14, 2013
Time: Doors open at 6:30pm. Concert Begins: 8:00pm – 10:00pm
Location: Capitol Theatre at the Vern Riffe Center in downtown Columbus!
Christine’s Christmas is a unique holiday concert held in the beautiful Capitol Theatre. The concert, emceed by Channel 10’s Chuck Strickler, feature Mark King, pianist and recipient of the Columbus Rotary’s prestigious 2009 ‘Service Above Self’ Award. He is joined by many special guests including soloists, musicians and choirs. All proceeds benefit the Christine Wilson Burn Center at Nationwide Children’s Hospital. To date the concert has raised more $300,000 for children’s charities.
Please consider joining us!
For more information on the concert or to purchase tickets, please contact Courtney Cahill at (614) 355-0818 or visit www.nationwidechildrens.org. The performance is followed by a fun and friendly reception in the Capitol Theatre lobby overlooking the breathtaking view of the Capitol building.
To learn more about the Christine Wilson Foundation, visit: www.christinewilsonfoundation.org.
The annual Firefighters for Kids Toy Drive, presented by NBC4 and the Columbus Division of Fire
NBC4 Studios, 3165 Olentangy River Rd.
Toys will also be collected throughout the month at various fire departments in Central Ohio. Cash donations are also accepted. www.firefighters4kids.com
NATIONAL SAFETY OBSERVANCES FOR 2013
- National Radon Action Month presented by
Environmental Protection Agency http://www.epa.gov/radon/nram/
- American Heart Month presented by American Heart Association http://www.americanheart.org
- 2/7-2/13 National Burn Awareness Week presented by Shriners International Headquarters http://www.shrinershq.org
Burn Awareness Week, observed the first full week in February, is designed to provide an opportunity for burn, fire and life safety educators to unite in sharing a common burn awareness and prevention message in our communities. Burn Awareness Week, celebrated early in the year, is an excellent opportunity to “kick off” a year full of burn awareness education.
- National Nutrition Month presented by American Dietetic Association http://www.eatright.org
- Workplace Eyes Health & Safety Month by Prevent Blindness America http://www.preventblindness.org
- 3/7-3/13 National Patient Safety Awareness Week http://www.npsf.org
- 3/14-3/20 National Poison Prevention Week Poison Prevention Week http://www.poisonprevention.org
- Alcohol Awareness Month presented by Council on Alcoholism & Drug Dependence http://www.ncadd.org
- Injury Prevention Month presented by American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons http://www.aaos.org
- National Sexual Assault Awareness & Prevention Month presented by National Sexual Violence Resource Center http://www.nsvrc.org
- National Youth Sports Safety Month http://www.nyssf.org
- 4/1-4/7 Medication Safety Week presented by Women’s Heart Foundation http://www.womensheart.org
- 4/7 World Health Day presented presented by World Health Organization http://www.who.int
- Arson Awareness Week
- Motorcycle Safety Month http://www.nhtsa.gov
- 5/1 Keep Kids Alive – Drive 25 Day http://www.keepkidsalivedrive25.org
- 5/2-5/8 North American Occupational Safety & Health Week http://www.naosh.org/english/
- 5/5 Occupational Safety & Health Professional’s Day presented by American Society of Safety Engineers http://www.asse.org
- 5/15-5/21 National Safe Boating Week presented by National Safe Boating Council http://www.safeboatingcouncil.org
- 5/16-5/22 National Dog Bite Prevention Week presented by Centers for Disease Control & Prevention http://www.cdc.gov
- 5/16-5/22 National EMS Week presented by American College of Emergency Physicians http://www.acep.org
- National Safety Month presented by National Safety Council http://www.nsc.org
- National Fireworks Safety Month (also July)
- Prevent Blindness America http://www.preventblindness.org
- National Immunization Awareness Month presented by Centers for Disease Control & Prevention http://www.cdc.gov
- Campus Fire Safety Month Campus Firewatch http://www.campus-firewatch.com & www.campusfiresafetymonth.org
National Campus Fire Safety Month – “Fire Safety – It’s Part of Living”. Supporters are hoping that Congress will assist them in urging schools to host fire safety courses for students. Over 80 percent of the college students who have died in fires have perished in off-campus housing. The event kicks off annually in Washington, DC on Capital Hill.
Be sure to look for a program on your campus during the month of September. Live Safe!
- National Alcohol & Drug Addiction Recovery Month presented by Public Information Department, http://www.ncadd.org
- National Preparedness Month presented by U.S. Department of Homeland Security http://www.ready.gov
- Sports & Home Eye Safety Month presented by Prevent Blindness America http://www.preventblindness.org
- 9/19-9/25 National Farm Safety Week presented by National Education Center for Agricultural Safety http://www.necasag.org
- 9/20-9/26 National Child Passenger Safety Week presented by National Highway Traffic Safety Administration http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/childps/planner2009/
- Halloween Safety Month presented by Prevent Blindness America http://www.preventblindness.org
- National Crime Prevention Month http://www.ncpc.org
- 10/3-10/9 National Fire Prevention Week presented by National Fire Protection Association http://www.nfpa.org, please visit www.firepreventionweek.org for more information!
- 10/17-10/23 National Radon Action Week presented by Environmental Protection Agency http://www.epa.gov/radon/nram/
- 10/17-10/23 National School Bus Safety Week presented by National Association for Pupil Transportation http://www.napt.org
- 10/17-10/23 National Teen Driver Safety Week presented by Young Driver Research Initiative http://www.chop.edu
- 10/20 Day of National Concern about Young People & Gun Violence http://www.pledge.org
- 11/21-11/27 National Teens Don’t Text & Drive Week presented by Etiquette & Leadership Institute http://www.etiquetteleadership.com
- 11/25-1/1 Tie One On For Safety (also December & January) presented by Mothers Against Drunk Driving http://www.madd.org
- Safe Toys & Gifts Month presented by National Safe Kids Campaign http://www.safekids.org